Is it only Tuesday?! Sorry for the anxiousness, I’m always anticipating being free from the work week before it begins LOL. It’s rough and the only way for me (personally) to stay sane is to well…eat! That is in moderation of course guys. I’m not talking Cartons of Ice Cream or cookies. I’m talking something to fuel both your body and mind (easy on the stomach.) A day of lounging usually calls for eating. DUH!
I was definitely having one of those days. Lately, I’ve been letting Ms. D create magic in the kitchen but she was nowhere to be found. Quite frankly, we all have days we just jump up and want to whip something up. If you remember the Sunday Traveling…Shrimp anyone? post, then you know I’m not one to wait on food when my BUDS are screaming for attention. I usually pace back and forth, converse with my pups, then I know exactly what I want.
How does Roasted Red Pepper Chicken & Turkey Sausage mixed with fresh cooked veggies sound? *think about it* Okay! Lets continue.
It’s a pretty simple recipe and definitely quick. Instead of 15 minutes this time lets opt for 16 🙂 Fair?
• 1 (2 if you’re STARVING) pre-cooked Chicken & Turkey Sausages (Gluten-Free of course) – free from pork. *May I suggest Whole Foods.*
• 1/4 of a whole Green Pepper, Red Pepper, Yellow Pepper (1/4 is about equal to slicing two rings of peppers) still confused? Just cut as much as you’d like.
• 1/2 of small Zucchini (thinly sliced)
• 2 pieces of fresh Green Onion (chopped)
• 1/2 cup of Bean Sprouts • 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
• 1/4 tsp of Cinnamon • 1/4 tsp of Rosemary • Dash of Cayenne Pepper
• 1 tsp of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/4 cup of water for veggies
• 1/4 cup of water for sausage
This is where your time begins: Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat and add in your Olive Oil. Next, in a separate skillet, heat pan over medium-low and add water. The water will keep the moisture in your meat.
Thirdly, chop up all of your veggies (2 minutes) and add to the skillet that is heating the Olive Oil. Lightly season your veggies and continue cooking. Add your sausage to the skillet heating the water.
Sauté your veggies for 5 minutes. Once complete, you will add 1/4 cup of water, cover and simmer on low for an additional 5 minutes. Your sausage will cook for about 8-10 minutes. Be sure to continuously turn the it to ensure it is fully cooked all the way through.
After a total of 10 minutes for your veggies and your sausage, remove from heat and get your dishes ready oh and don’t forget your BUDS! We’re now at 12 minutes. What do I do with my additional 4 minutes you think. Well, plate your food, pour yourself a nice glass of water, use the bathroom, wash your hands, turn the Wii on (no that’s me) have a seat and DIG IN!